Our hearts are with people around the world doing their part to stay home to help slow the spread of Covid-19. To help promote this behavior, we thought we'd offer some tips to encourage wardrobe spring cleaning to clear the clutter and help you feel productive during these trying times. The phrase "spring cleaning" often triggers eye rolls but we are firm believers that it doesn't have to be all bad. In fact, when executed correctly it should feel somewhat refreshing, dare we say, even invigorating?
Before you get started, create a pump-up playlist or download a podcast or audiobook to listen to while you tackle your wardrobe. Also set aside at least half a day to get through everything. It may seem daunting at first, but you'll be less likely to procrastinate with a set timeline. Once that's settled, follow these 5 steps to achieve wardrobe bliss.
1) Purge- When going through your wardrobe ask yourself: Do I like it? Do I wear it? Does it fit? Does it need repair?
2) Clean- With everything removed this is the best time to dust the shelves, rods, boxes and bins, and then vacuum the floor.
3) Shop- And no we don't mean for more things to fill your wardrobe back up, but rather for things that will help you create and maintain organization ie quality hangers, bins, boxes, baskets, and hooks..
4) Organize- Figure out a system that works for you in so far as frequency worn, categories, seasons, color coordination, etc!
5) Light- As with any room in your house, make sure your closet is well-lit. Good lighting is not only important for practical reasons, but it also helps create a bright and welcoming environment.
And that's it! We hope that you find this project both productive and refreshing! Wishing all of our readers and customers well- stay healthy and safe!