There are so many ways to fold a pocket square and yet, with no real direction, it can end up looking sloppy or like an afterthought. We thought we’d take this time to break down the 5 most basic and classic ways to show off your I DEUX pocket square and preview of the shirt underneath.
The Presidential or Square Fold
- Fold the pocket square in half vertically.
- Fold one side up. How big you make this fold is dependent on how deep your jacket’s pocket is.
- Tuck the folded pocket square into your breast pocket so that about 1/4 of an inch is visible.
The Triangular or Single Point Fold
- Fold the bottom corner up to meet the top so that you get two overlapping triangles.
- Fold one side of the triangle in. Then the other side.
- Place the pocket square in your jacket’s pocket.
The Double Point Fold
- Fold one side over so that you get two triangles that overlap with one tip higher than the other.
- Now fold one side in and then the other.
- Place your folded pocket square in your breast pocket.
The Crown Fold
- Fold one side in so that you have the look of two triangles – creating two tips.
- To create the third tip, fold in one side as pictured above
- Fold in the opposite side and make sure to create a strong fold to create the base.
- Place the folded pocket square into your pocket.
The Puff or Modern Fold
- Pick up the pocket square by pinching it near the center and allow folds to form naturally.
- Keep holding the center. With your free hand, gather the fabric together.
- Now flip the pocket square upside down.
- Tug the pocket square into your breast pocket. Don’t over-think this fold, the fold should look casual and a bit uneven.
And with that you should feel like a pocket square folding pro! Subscribe to our mailing list to get 20% off your first order and try out these folds with your unique wedding look TODAY!